• 08-13-2019
    davesupra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Great point about aero impacts. I have a question about the impact of weight though. My bike felt spry and quick this morning. I got to a traffic light and I had forgotten my bidons. Itís August, I had to go back and get them. Regardless, doesnít that weight matter when climbing? A lighter wheel should make a difference on a climb. Granted on accelerations I felt the difference. My bidons weigh 3 lbs full, combined. Iím not so sure I felt much on the punchy climbs but I didnít do any longer climbs, mostly short and one steep.

Extra weight on a wheel will affect climbing as much as if the additional weight were placed anywhere else on the bike. So yes, a heavier wheel will affect climbing. That said, it's not as noticeable as trying to accelerate a heavier wheel.
  • 08-14-2019
    Lombard
    Quote:

Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Extra weight on a wheel will affect climbing as much as if the additional weight were placed anywhere else on the bike. So yes, a heavier wheel will affect climbing. That said, it's not as noticeable as trying to accelerate a heavier wheel.

Exactly. When you are climbing a hill, you are not accelerating, you are trying to maintain a speed of maybe 5-10mph?

So when ACCELERATING, ROTATING weight makes a difference. At any other time, weight is weight and doesn't matter where is on the bike.
  • 08-14-2019
    Methodical
    I won't get into the weight debate, but OP, the Yoeleo wheels are UCI approved.