Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojodave View Post
    I had the Fulcrum about 1.5k when I started having spoke problems. I weigh 190 and I'm a spinner. I had them repaired twice. I got in a serious accident last year and the Fulcrum folded like a bad hand.
    Interesting. So there we have it. Anecdotes at both extremes. Of course, just because one product of a single brand is good doesn't mean another of that same brand will be. I don't know which model of Fulcrum wheels the successful 21K mile user had.

As the saying goes, YMMV.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanthree View Post
    Sorry. Fulcrum Racing 4db. Their top alloy road wheel.
    That’s a pretty good price. Actually their top alloy wheel with disc brakes is the Racing Zero.

FWIW, I use Campy Shamals and Fulcrum Racing Zero on my road bikes, and have a set of Easton EA 90 SL with Industry Nine hubs for my disc gravel bike that were built by November Bicycles.

Boyd also makes nice wheels and their rims are very good (November and many other use them for their wheel builds). I had a set of Boyd Altmonts (alloy rim brake wheels) for a long time until I sold the bike that they were on. Solid and reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Bikes
    "It's supposed to be hard...The hard is what makes it great."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    I looked at the HED Ardennes, but they limit your tire pressure to 90psi. I frequently ride at higher pressures, so they're a no-go for me.
    How much to you weigh? the extra wide internal width on those means you bring down your psi. I had November build me a set with the HED B+ rims. I am currently 205lb and run the rear at 90psi with 25s. I pump up once a week and never had an issue.

Old and in the way.
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by veloduffer View Post
    That’s a pretty good price. Actually their top alloy wheel with disc brakes is the Racing Zero.

FWIW, I use Campy Shamals and Fulcrum Racing Zero on my road bikes, and have a set of Easton EA 90 SL with Industry Nine hubs for my disc gravel bike that were built by November Bicycles.

Boyd also makes nice wheels and their rims are very good (November and many other use them for their wheel builds). I had a set of Boyd Altmonts (alloy rim brake wheels) for a long time until I sold the bike that they were on. Solid and reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sigh...

Too late. They sold out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Had a set of fulcrum Quattro that I bought new and rode about 6-8 000 km on and were trouble free until I sold them.
    i also had a set of he’d Belgium with king r45 hubs built by November and popped a rear spoke after maybe 1000 km. At the time I weighed about 195 and ran then at about 90 psi with Michelin pro 4 25s.

Old and in the way.
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojodave View Post
    You could also get some DT rims with a Powertap hub and get a power meter for $500.
    https://www.powertap.com/product/dt-...0-alloy-wheels
    Do they have a disc option?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Do they have a disc option?
    Did you bother to use the link Sojo provided and look at the site? I'm amazed that people will ask an easily answered question here and wait for the info instead of taking the initiative and figuring it out for themselves. You could click on the link (it's even hot!) and find out the answer in a matter of seconds.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Old and in the way.
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Did you bother to use the link Sojo provided and look at the site? I'm amazed that people will ask an easily answered question here and wait for the info instead of taking the initiative and figuring it out for themselves. You could click on the link (it's even hot!) and find out the answer in a matter of seconds.
    Uh...yes. And while I did not see the option I though the poster might see something I missed. It always amazes me how people always assume something...

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Uh...yes. And while I did not see the option I though the poster might see something I missed. It always amazes me how people always assume something...
    I didn't need to assume anything, it was obvious.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterStronger View Post
    Had a set of fulcrum Quattro that I bought new and rode about 6-8 000 km on and were trouble free until I sold them.
    i also had a set of he’d Belgium with king r45 hubs built by November and popped a rear spoke after maybe 1000 km. At the time I weighed about 195 and ran then at about 90 psi with Michelin pro 4 25s.
    Popping spokes is not the fault of the rims. It's either a faulty spoke or a poor build. I doubt it's a poor build as November has a pretty good reputation, but who knows, maybe the builder had a bad day.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Old and in the way.
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I didn't need to assume anything, it was obvious.
    I asked a simple question YOU incorrectly assumed I had not perused the site.

Wrong. If you have something constructive to add, please do so. If not, well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12