DT Swiss hubs with steel freehub........
    [REDACTED]

DT Swiss hubs with steel freehub........

Hi all,

I noticed on DT's website specs on some options of their 240 and 350 hubs as "Shimano Steel" for their freehub body. I would be willing to try these if this is the case. However, I only notice this option for the 6-bolt disc version.

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/products/.../240s-classic/

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/products/...s/350-classic/

Does anybody know if these are available in for centerlock disc 142mm hubs?

Thanks!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Same part.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

changingleaf
    I have not seen the option to buy the hub with the steel freehub, but the steel freehub can be purchased separately.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by changingleaf View Post
    I have not seen the option to buy the hub with the steel freehub, but the steel freehub can be purchased separately.
    Will any 11-speed freehub fit?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

changingleaf
    This DT Swiss part number: HWRABX00S6531S fits 11 speed road cassettes on 180, 240, and 350 hubs.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by changingleaf View Post
    This DT Swiss part number: HWRABX00S6531S fits 11 speed road cassettes on 180, 240, and 350 hubs.
    Wow, looks like a few vendors carry this. Thanks Pete!

Edit: It appears some of DT's products are labeled "Shimano 8,9,10 speed/ Shimano Dynasys 11" Is this Shimano 11 speed road compatible? Note how the following two hubs are labeled. Are 11-speed Dynasys and 11-speed road compatible?:

https://www.modernbike.com/dt-swiss-...-11-speed-road

https://www.modernbike.com/dt-swiss-...nter-lock-disc
    Last edited by Lombard; 1 Week Ago at 05:17 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Wow, looks like a few vendors carry this. Thanks Pete!

Edit: It appears some of DT's products are labeled "Shimano 8,9,10 speed/ Shimano Dynasys 11" Is this Shimano 11 speed road compatible? Note how the following two hubs are labeled. Are 11-speed Dynasys and 11-speed road compatible?:

https://www.modernbike.com/dt-swiss-...-11-speed-road

https://www.modernbike.com/dt-swiss-...nter-lock-disc
    In other words: That's a 10 speed hub. Dynast 11 cassettes are made a little different so they can work on 10 speed hubs (any 10 speed hub).
    Don't buy that one for road 11 speed use unless you always want to have a pie plate on the back and know your deraileur can handle it.
    Last edited by Jay Strongbow; 1 Week Ago at 05:49 AM.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    In other words: That's a 10 speed hub. Dynast 11 cassettes are made a little different so they can work on 10 speed hubs (any 10 speed hub).
    Don't buy that one for road 11 speed use unless you always want to have a pie plate on the back and know your deraileur can handle it.
    Why should the size of my largest cog have anything to do with freehub compatibility? Is the cog spacing any different? In other words, is a Dynasys freehub shorter than an 11-speed road freehub?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Why should the size of my largest cog have anything to do with freehub compatibility? Is the cog spacing any different? In other words, is a Dynasys freehub shorter than an 11-speed road freehub?
    -Because the bigger diameter gives them room to allow the biggest gear to sit further back so allowing the whole thing to still fit on a the more narrow 10 speed free hub.
    -No
    -No

It's an 11 speed cassette that fits on to 10 speed freehubs and requires a spacer if used on an 11 speed one unlike 'regular' 11 speed cassettes
    Last edited by Jay Strongbow; 1 Week Ago at 06:31 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    This old post addresses a bunch of the stuff about how big cog 11 speed cassettes fit on 10 speed cassette bodies, with a diagram that might help.

changingleaf
    The part number I showed you is for the 11 speed Shimano or Sram ROAD cassette. An 11 speed Shimano mountain cassette (what they call Dynasys) will work on the standard 10 speed road freehub. The DT swiss hubs are offered in both versions, but I have not seen either of them come standard with a steel freehub.