Dye tires black?
    Hide Age and DOB
    May 2007

Dye tires black?

I don't know if this has been knocked around before as I couldn't find the right term to get a match with the forums' search engine.I recently got a great deal on some Specialized Works tires (no opinions on tire quality please). The issue is the tread has two white stripes divided by a black stripe in the middle; the remaining sidewall is black. I'm not a big fan of white on tires and would rather the entire tire be black. Has anyone ever tried to dye a colored tire black before? And if you did, how did it turn out? I'm looking to try some shoe dye and see how it turns out, but if someone has a better idea (besides getting different tires) I'd love to hear it. Thanks
    E fatto espresso divieto di partecipare alla manifestazione con biciclette che non possiedano i suddetti requisiti.Ogni tentativo di farlo a mangiare un piatto di grandi dimensioni di 3 settimane la polenta e in genere di divertimento, soprattutto se egli straniero.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had some Michelin Krylions with yellow sidewalls that I wasn't too fond about and tried "dying" them black with a Sharpie marker. As I recall, it didn't work out too well. The Sharpie ink didn't adhere real well to the sidewall and the yellow ended up looking rather nasty. Not one of my better moves.

You could always try riding down a recently paved asphalt highway. I have quit buying tires with colored sidewalls for that reason. They always end up looking nasty after a while, so I end up wanting to replace them long before the tread is worn out.