I need wheel recommendations for a hyd disc set of wheels,
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

I need wheel recommendations for a hyd disc set of wheels,

I have purchased a new bike that has Ultegra 8020 group and hydraulic disc brakes. The wheels on it are 24/24 and I weight 210, and from past experience with low spoke count wheels they will not last very long for me.
    I dont know what disc wheels are consider good or what are good hub options either. I will have a budget of 800/1000 dollars. Most of the problems I have had with low spoke count wheels are with the rear ds spoke nipple holes cracking, I have a set of 32 spoke rear rim brake Hed Belgium and a H Plus son wheels I built, that Im very please with. I may build these also not decided yet, depends on cost differential on me building or someone else.
    Last edited by Ventura Roubaix; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:55 PM.

JSR
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    You’ll probably want to specify some additional specification goals/opinions.

rim width
    rim depth
    no. of gears
    6-bolt v center lock

i notice randombikeparts.com has a number disc wheel sets available. The Vision Metron 40s are offered at a really good price, but are 27mm wide and 6-bolt only.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    You’ll probably want to specify some additional specification goals/opinions.

rim width
    rim depth
    no. of gears
    6-bolt v center lock

i notice randombikeparts.com has a number disc wheel sets available. The Vision Metron 40s are offered at a really good price, but are 27mm wide and 6-bolt only.
    The wheels will need to be Shimano center mount, 11 sp, probably about the width and depth similiar to Hed Belgium Plus.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I got a pair of these from November: https://novemberbicycles.com/collect...ed-road-wheels

HED Belgium Plus with 32 spokes in the rear. Several quality hub options are available. The ones I bought from November are WI Centerlock. I also have a pair from Chris King with 6-bolt. They are interchangeable -- I use both wheelsets on the same bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Grog McCog View Post
    I got a pair of these from November: https://novemberbicycles.com/collect...ed-road-wheels

HED Belgium Plus with 32 spokes in the rear. Several quality hub options are available. The ones I bought from November are WI Centerlock. I also have a pair from Chris King with 6-bolt. They are interchangeable -- I use both wheelsets on the same bike.
    I think I have decided to go ahead and get a really nice set of wheels, after getting over the sticker shock, I will probably get a set of 28/32 Hed Belguim+ wheels with White Industries disc hubs, with Sapim black Cx Ray spokes and brass nipples, I also will probably let November Wheels build them, I priced the parts and their wasn't much difference in price, and they can do a better job of it than I can, as my wheel building skills are only decent.

changingleaf
    That's a very good combination of parts for you.