Ican Wheels

Thread: Ican Wheels

RoadBikeReview Member

Ican Wheels

Anyone familiar with ican wheels? When I searched it here I got the Chinese Carbon Thread but no specific post. Even if it is a Chinese carbon wheel, well, arenít most? Iím far from averse to a Chinese manufacturer. So Iím wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

https://icancycling.com/collections/...her-wheelset-1
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Hello
    I'm Italian, last year I bought a set of FL40 with Powerway R51 hubs and Sapim CxRay spokes, I had a problem with the front rim (braking track) and the rim was replaced for free, the rear hub is not very solid, with these hub hubs is necessary use very solid quick releases.

In Italy there is a forum dedicated to road bike called "BDC Forum" ,in this forum there is a very long discussion dedicated to Ican products.

Some have bought wheels for themselves and their friends and are very happy, others have had some problems.

If I can afford it, I recommend the new Aero series wheels, as far as the hubs are concerned, I can tell you that the new Ican R01 are Formula SP-60 SP-201, I don't like the spoke pattern, but it seems to be fine, Formula is an important OEM supplier (Trek, Cannondale, ecc ecc) but if you can let him take the DtSwiss hubs.

Or consider taking only the rims and assembling the wheels with the hubs of your choice.

My bike with Ican Fl40

The Ican staff is committed, but they are a little confusing.

There are many videos for their products.

I hope I was helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rone69; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:52 AM.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Anyone familiar with ican wheels? When I searched it here I got the Chinese Carbon Thread but no specific post. Even if it is a Chinese carbon wheel, well, arenít most? Iím far from averse to a Chinese manufacturer. So Iím wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

https://icancycling.com/collections/...her-wheelset-1
    The point is not whether an item is MADE in China. As you say, most items are now made there or elsewhere in Asia. The point is how reputable is the company? If it's a well known brand with a good reputation, they will have stringent manufacturing standards even if made in China. If it's a no-name or unknown brand, do you really know what you are getting? Especially if it comes to carbon, I wouldn't want to experiment just to save a few $$.

Furthermore, my take is that it is bad enough that we are manufacturing very little here in the US anymore. I would prefer to at least buy from a USA vendor.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone familiar with ican wheels?
    Ican has been around for a while and has a decent reputation. (I have no experience with their wheels)

Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Furthermore, my take is that it is bad enough that we are manufacturing very little here in the US anymore. I would prefer to at least buy from a USA vendor.
    They sell on Amazon. Free one day prime shipping
    https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/9...web_9664330011

And have a U.S. warehouse.
    https://icancycling.com/collections/us-warehouse

So they're as much of a US vendor and most anything else.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks all for the feedback! Thatís a gorgeous ride Rone! BMC? Scott?
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks all for the feedback! Thatís a gorgeous ride Rone! BMC? Scott?
    China's carbon frame, Fasterway Classic, I've bought this frame in october 2018, It's not a knock-off but It's looks very close to the new Factor O2 VAM (Ä5000).

I'd like this frame, direct Mount brakes, BBright, good tyre clearance, stiff enough but very comfortable, good descending quality, cheaper and no logo.