Intriguing semi-aero, tubeless ready alloy wheels
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017

Intriguing semi-aero, tubeless ready alloy wheels

Hunt just announced a new alloy wheelset that is relatively aero (tests favorably against much more expensive wheels), is tubeless ready (but has hooked beads so you can still run any tire you want), weighs just north of 1500g for the set (not bad considering the 35mm depth) and only costs $600 US.

https://us.huntbikewheels.com/produc...-disc-wheelset

I'm pretty flush with wheels right now, and still have a couple of sets of HED Belgium Plus on Chris King hubs that will probably out last me, but if I were in the market for a new set of all around gravel wheels to beat up, this would be hard to pass up.

26mm external (24mm at the hook)
    20mm internal
    34mm deep
    1550g for the set

Warranty is 3 years, but they offer a lifetime crash replacement option for $49 at the time of purchase.

This is copy/pasted from their website.

SPECS OVERVIEW

THE FASTEST ALLOY DISC-BRAKE WHEELSET IN THE WORLD.

• Rims | Aerodynamicist rim profile with similar rounded profile to our Limitless wheels. 24mm external width at the hook, but tapering to 26mm lower down to optimise airflow. 6069-T6 alloy (+69% tensile strength vs 6061-T6)
    • Tires | Tubeless-ready for lower weight and rolling resistance. As with all our current HUNT rims, these wheels have a normal hooked sidewall and are suitable for all clincher road tires including Continental.
    • Hubs | Fast engaging 7.5 Sprint Disc straight-pull hubs.
    • Spokes | Pillar Wing 20 spokes with aerofoil profile. Tested and proven to provide aerodynamic advantage over flat or bladed options both from Pillar and other competitors.
    • Axles | Easily adaptable & we fit them for you. Fit all current axle sizes and are easy to change; Front - QR, Bolt thru 12/9mm, Rear - QR, Bolt thru 12x142, 12x135, 10x135.
    • Included | Tubeless tape & valves, spare spokes, axle adapters (please fill in the simple form after checkout to select your required size) and pair of 6bolt disc adapters.
    • See the full specs here
    • Weight | 1548g
    • UCI Approved

Here is a review on CyclingTips

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/10/hunt...eelset-review/

dcb
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I've heard good things about Hunt wheels. I've got a hubset that needs some rims and those rims might be the right match. You can buy the rims by themselves as well.