RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Light bicycle 56mm deep, 23 internal Carbon wheels with DT Swiss 240 hubs Disc

https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-...l#goCartBtnBox

Has anyone tired these wheels? With 56mm deep, 23 internal, Sapim CX Ray spokes and brass nipples, centerlock disc DT Swiss 240 hubs for $1,100 seems like a smoking deal. Have not found any reviews anywhere.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiphFreddy View Post
    https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-...l#goCartBtnBox

Has anyone tired these wheels? With 56mm deep, 23 internal, Sapim CX Ray spokes and brass nipples, centerlock disc DT Swiss 240 hubs for $1,100 seems like a smoking deal. Have not found any reviews anywhere.
    I can't speak to that specific rim, but I built up a set of Light Bicycle 35mm deep carbon clinchers about two years ago and they now have around 6,000 miles on them.

I found the quality out of the box to be really impressive, and they built up easier than any wheel I'd ever built (I've only built about 8 sets, so take that fwiw). I'm not hard on wheels, but I've never had to re-true them or even touch them up and they are still perfectly true. No issues whatsoever.

Note: I have no experience with how well LB builds the wheels they build themselves, but I've read good things.

Their price on DT Swiss hubs seems good.

Final note: not sure where you are located, but with shipping to the US they may be a bit higher than $1,100 (just a bit).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the reply. I am seriously considering this wheelset. I have had very good luck with some Light Bicycle MTB rims on several sets of wheels that I have built in the past. These road wheels are 2x lacing pattern and they use Polyax Secure Lock nipples. And you can choose spoke count, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    I was really hoping for some more replies. Anyone else used anything similar from Lightbicycle as I am asking about? All of the numbers look really enticing.