"New" 2013 Hed Belgium rims...?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

"New" 2013 Hed Belgium rims...?

Near the bottom of this article about Hed's new 2013 offerings, there is a note about C2 Belgium rims being a new offering. But as we all know, those rims have been for sale for a few years now. Anyone know if this is an improved version of the rim, and what those improvements might be? All I can glean from the article is that there are FEWER drilling options (just 28 and 32 holes). Hardly seems like an improvement.

Steaming piles of opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wines of WA View Post
    Near the bottom of this article about Hed's new 2013 offerings, there is a note about C2 Belgium rims being a new offering. But as we all know, those rims have been for sale for a few years now. Anyone know if this is an improved version of the rim, and what those improvements might be? All I can glean from the article is that there are FEWER drilling options (just 28 and 32 holes). Hardly seems like an improvement.
    I'm not sure which 'this' article is - might have missed a link.

I wonder if this has something to do with the no-brake-track version for disc wheels, such as coming on the new Salsa bikes. For that application, restricting to the higher drilling counts makes sense.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Yikes, sorry, I forgot to add the link in my original post. Here it is: HED Vanquish 6 SCT Carbon Clinchers ? Eurobike 2012 - BikeRadar

Steaming piles of opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wines of WA View Post
    Yikes, sorry, I forgot to add the link in my original post. Here it is: HED Vanquish 6 SCT Carbon Clinchers ? Eurobike 2012 - BikeRadar

I'm going to guess we've got a trip-up in the writing or editing. The first paragraph seems to suggest they might be talking about the disc version. On the other hand, they might be talking about "again" availability, as they seem to have disappeared from the market for a while.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Looks like the new version (with the large stealth lettering) will still have the additional drilling options as well. Good news, those are some great hoops and a 24/28 build with decent hubs makes a great, light wheel.

x37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Is this set supposed to be like the Ardennes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    FWIW, I received a new C2 rim from HED in mid Dec having waited about 4 weeks for a new batch to arrive at HED, so I assume it was brand new. As far as I can tell, it's physically identical to the 2 year old Bastogne rim it's replacing. It has different and unremarkable decals, not like the ones on recent Ardennes, or the very new outline letter graphics. HED does sell some decals separately on their website.
    ... 'cuz that's how I roll.