• 03-28-2019
    farva
    3 Attachment(s)
    Rolf Vector Comp freehub help
    I've got a set of circa 2000 blue Rolf Vector comps that I want use on a a Vintage Olmo restoration. These wheels look sweet against its blue ano cranks and stem so I really want to use them. Trouble is these vectors have shimano 10s freehub and campy version is not available. Bike is Italian so drivetrain has to be campy (Mirage 9 spd). Any idea's on how to make this work? Who actually makes these hubs? AM classic and other brand conversion cassettes seem to be a thing of the past. ThanksAttachment 324883
    Attachment 324884Attachment 324885
  • 03-28-2019
    cxwrench
    Good luck with that.
  • 03-28-2019
    frdfandc
    Rolf Wheels is not the same company today as it was 20 years ago.

https://rolfprima.com/pages/older-rolf-wheels

Cut your losses and get a modern day wheelset. Your not going to find a Campy freehub.
  • 03-28-2019
    jpz
    Many moons ago, I had Campy record 10 speed & several sets of wheels, I had a Shimano set that I replaced all the Shimano cassette spacers w/ Campy 9 speed spacers.
    It worked great. When setting it up, center the derailleur on the 5th cog (with shifter in 5th) I was told it wouldnt work, worked great, gave me no troubles. The Shimano 9 speed cogs actually worked better than Camps 9 speed cogs .
  • 03-29-2019
    frdfandc
  • 03-29-2019
    farva
    those Primato cassettes appear to be either campy or shimano, not a conversion cassette . Thanks for the links though.
  • 03-29-2019
    farva
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpz View Post
    Many moons ago, I had Campy record 10 speed & several sets of wheels, I had a Shimano set that I replaced all the Shimano cassette spacers w/ Campy 9 speed spacers.
    It worked great. When setting it up, center the derailleur on the 5th cog (with shifter in 5th) I was told it wouldnt work, worked great, gave me no troubles. The Shimano 9 speed cogs actually worked better than Camps 9 speed cogs .

thank you. Seems like this is the only option that will work. Cheers
  • 03-29-2019
    Bremerradkurier
    Local to me Craigslist has a set of Rolf's for sale with a Campagnolo freehub that's been up quite a while-not sure if older 9 speed used the sample splines.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...842847490.html
  • 03-29-2019
    farva
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    Local to me Craigslist has a set of Rolf's for sale with a Campagnolo freehub that's been up quite a while-not sure if older 9 speed used the sample splines.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...842847490.html

thanks those look decent. Think I'm gonna try the homemade cassette stack first. Apparently the version I have didn't even have a campy freehub option so not sure I'd be able to swap freehubs with those CL wheels.
  • 04-24-2019
    farva
    2 Attachment(s)
    got it all worked out. SRAM cogs with campy 9s spacers. Was only able to fit 8 cogs with @ 9s spacing but that's plenty for this retro rig. Shift quality not bad at all. Thanks for the help (except mr cxtool)

Attachment 325000

Attachment 325000
  • 04-24-2019
    cxwrench
    Quote:

Originally Posted by farva View Post
    got it all worked out. SRAM cogs with campy 9s spacers. Was only able to fit 8 cogs with @ 9s spacing but that's plenty for this retro rig. Shift quality not bad at all. Thanks for the help (except mr cxtool)

Attachment 325000

Attachment 325000

My heart is broken now...that really hurt. :rolleyes: