Swiss side HADRON Classic 625 Vs Mavic cosmic pro carbon
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

Swiss side HADRON Classic 625 Vs Mavic cosmic pro carbon

Does anyone have any insight between these 2 wheels? I haven't been able to find many reviews on either.

I'm mostly concerned with durability. I weight 175-180 and mostly bike for training (right now at least).

Do you think the swiss rides are worth it? Any other options I should be looking at?

https://shop.mavic.com/en-us/cosmic-...html#1028=3283

https://www.swissside.com/collection...9459#configure

Thanks!

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Those are 2 very different wheels. The Mavic is an aluminum rim with a non structural carbon fairing. The Swissside is a carbon rim. I can't stand Mavic wheels for many reasons...they are some of the worst designs in the industry. The SS wheels use DT Swiss hubs and spokes which is good. The only thing I don't like about this is the hidden nipples. I would never buy Mavic, so there's my recommendation.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Those are 2 very different wheels. The Mavic is an aluminum rim with a non structural carbon fairing. The Swissside is a carbon rim. I can't stand Mavic wheels for many reasons...they are some of the worst designs in the industry. The SS wheels use DT Swiss hubs and spokes which is good. The only thing I don't like about this is the hidden nipples. I would never buy Mavic, so there's my recommendation.
    Thanks for the input. I feel like im taking crazy pills but yesterday the swiss side link went to a different product. Which was this: https://road.cc/content/review/18666...n-625-wheelset

'brifter' is a lame word.
    That makes more sense.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by yankyfan100 View Post
    I'm mostly concerned with durability. I weight 175-180 and mostly bike for training (right now at least).
    If you are concerned with durability, stay far away from Mavic.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Good to know. I feel like I recall reading a lot of threads saying mavic ksyriums were durable. Maybe it was a different wheel or doesnt translate to their other offerings.

Either way, I decided to go with the Hunt race aero wide wheelset. Reviews, value and customer service seems good.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by yankyfan100 View Post
    Good to know. I feel like I recall reading a lot of threads saying mavic ksyriums were durable. Maybe it was a different wheel or doesnt translate to their other offerings.

Either way, I decided to go with the Hunt race aero wide wheelset. Reviews, value and customer service seems good.
    It was possibly an older Ksyrium model. Mavic was once a good quality brand, but their QC has fallen considerably.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    FWIW, on the recommendation of the guy who ran a LBS, we replaced our broken Bontragers with Ksyrium SL.

Replaced the palls around 10K miles. Trashed them due to corrosion on the nipples after about 20K. We live near the ocean and almost never wipe them down after rides but I do put a drop or two of oil on them every few weeks.

Bought the next generation and these are holding up fine. No problems except for the well know issue of needing to clear/lube the nylon bushing in the free hub at least every 1k miles.

All that said, even the most recent purchase was ~5 years ago so I can't comment on what their quality is like today.