Which Tires

Thread: Which Tires

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Which Tires

I need to get some new tires, and I've been using the Vittoria Open Corsa CX for a long time. Both the new Corsa G+, and the Open Corsa CX are on sale at about half price. After reading several negative reviews on the G+, I'm leaning towards staying with the Open Corsa CX. Any thoughts would be appreciated

[REDACTED]
    I will give you some thoughts, but keep in mind that I am conservative when it comes to tire choices.

While I have been tempted by all the hype about the lofty, cushy, plush ride of the Corsa series tires, I have shied away as my take is that you don't get something for nothing. Looking around at reviews, the trade-off is puncture resistance, not to mention reports of delamination on tires that use the open tubular design vs. vulcanized tires in general.

Right now, I am using Vittoria Rubino G+ tires and so far, I am very happy with them. No punctures or visible cuts in over 1500 miles. They are more comfortable than the Maxxis Re-Fuses I used before which are on the bombproof, but harsh end of the spectrum.

If I were you, if you have had good luck with the Corsa CX's and are happy with them, I would replace with same. Although I believe the G+ is replacing the CX, I could be wrong. BTW, G+ stands for Graphine which is some "super, duper" compound Vittoria is boasting.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Hey there,

Thanks for the info. Everything you said made sense!!

Russian Troll Farmer
    Anything by Vittoria with the name "Corsa" on it is basically a bologna skin. Ride and handling will be superb, wear will be quick, puncture resistance nearly unknown.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    What do u think of the gp5000s? They're bound to become the new industry standard for $40 tires.