White Industries Coloured T11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

White Industries Coloured T11

Does anyone else think that the extra cost for the new coloured T11 Is excessive ?. The original black and silver where both sold at the same price. With the black also being a anodised finish why is the new colours being sold at a much higher price ? I would purchase 1 maybe 2 more sets of these coloured hubs if there was not a price increase. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Not a rocket surgeon.
    No, if you dont like the price dont buy them. WI builds very nice stuff. I am sure they will have no issues selling these. Even with a slight increase in price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Nope it's an added manufacturer cost giving folks an option to buy something else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Adding colors makes inventory, logistics, and support exponentially harder, in addition to the expense of actually producing the different colors. As someone who sells a ton of WI colored hubs and who just received a shipment of colored hubs that took quite a long time to get fulfilled, I can say that in addition to the cost you will probably pay with a wait to get them as well. Sometimes things as "simple" as adding color choices is an incredible PITA.

grizzly moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LONDON-GUY View Post
    Does anyone else think that the extra cost for the new coloured T11 Is excessive ?.
    What each thinks is irrelevant; what each does could have a cumulative effect if a lot of other people do it as well.
    Thankfully you have choices and the internet has made finding them an easy task.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Buy once cry once - if you like them get them - no regrets!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I am aware how good the t11 are as I do have a set of wheels with t11 hubs. Just think the extra cost is excessive IMO

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Given the quality/price ratio of their hubs I think the proper way to look at it is that the silver and black ones are cheap not that the other colors are expensive.

Would you have an issue if, for argument sake, they had a history of only making colored hubs then released a silver and black one for less? I'm thinking that would be viewed as outstanding yet the end results is the same.

Online Wheel Builder
    I don't think the price jump on the T11s is excessive at all. That is an outstanding hubset and frankly for all the color options they offer I was surprised that the price didn't go up more than $80.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LONDON-GUY View Post
    Does anyone else think that the extra cost for the new coloured T11 Is excessive ?. The original black and silver where both sold at the same price. With the black also being a anodised finish why is the new colours being sold at a much higher price ? I would purchase 1 maybe 2 more sets of these coloured hubs if there was not a price increase. Anyone else in the same boat ?
    My guess is that the price increase directly correlates to the cost increase to get colored hubs. It costs more to manufacture, distribute, and inventory more skus in different colors. When a product costs more to bring to market, they have to charge more, and the net is that you, the consumer, have more choice. And you're all pissy about it.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    The silver ones look so pretty -- why would you want anything else?