Zipp Tangente Clincher Tires
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010

Zipp Tangente Clincher Tires

I am interested in a set of Zipp Tangente Clincher Tires. I wanted to know if anyone has any experience/comments about the tires. Also where can I find the best deal on these tires.
    Thank you

No Crybabies

sure

Quote Originally Posted by wgeorge111
    I am interested in a set of Zipp Tangente Clincher Tires. I wanted to know if anyone has any experience/comments about the tires. Also where can I find the best deal on these tires.
    Thank you
    I have a set on my Zipp 999 (disc/deep front) clincher wheels. The numbers show they have great rolling resistance (especially with latex tubes) and supposedly are aero, too. Mine get flats easily, but probably not much more than comparable "race only" tires. Don't know of anywhere to get them except directly from Zipp's website. I would not train on them, as I think they wear fast, are thin, flat/cut easily, and are expensive. I don't train on the 999's, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    If you've been on Vittoria Corsas that'll give you an idea. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same tire with different graphics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Stamper
    If you've been on Vittoria Corsas that'll give you an idea. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same tire with different graphics.
    I do believe they worked with vittoria on the design and compound.