• 08-19-2016
    CalvesOfSteel
    Help: shorts for someone with a track cyclist's build?
    My girlfriend is getting a little more serious about cycling and having a lot of difficulty finding shorts that fit. She has a small waist and very strong legs (ex figure skater). Pearl Izumi mediums fit her waist ok (could maybe even go small) but the legs are too tight. The legs on a large are better but the waist is far too big. And of course the chamois quality is very important also.

A friend suggested SheBeest. Any other advice/suggestions?

Many, many thanks!
  • 08-19-2016
    jgutz71
    Is she wearing shorts or bibs? If shorts, I would suggest trying bibs or even men's sizes...
  • 08-21-2016
    Jay Strongbow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jgutz71 View Post
    Is she wearing shorts or bibs? If shorts, I would suggest trying bibs or even men's sizes...

yeah, definitely. Waist, specifically, shouldn't really be a consideration and it wouldn't be with bibs. They'd just need to fit from the butt down and the straps be snug enough to take up slack but not too snug.
  • 08-22-2016
    Christine
    My waist is a size smaller than my hips, and I love my SheBeest commuter capris. So this brand gets my vote.
  • 09-06-2016
    dir-t
    My wife is probably built similar to your girlfriend - I can only dream of having quads and calves like she does.

Sugio fits her well for road biking. She likes Bellweather for baggy MTB shorts.